Friday 15 August 2014

8 Ball Pool Cheats With iPhone iOS and Google Android

I started playing this game with my friends which is massive hit ever since the days of the Nokias.


What really annoys me in this game is the short guidelines. The guideline is pure UI trick so hacking them shouldn't be big problem.



I started with the Android version. Like most of games, all the game logic is done native in so file. In IDA you can clearly see that the game uses cocos2d game platform. This platform is cross platform with Apple IOS and Google Android, On IOS it uses Objective-C and in Android it uses some Objective-C implementation, probably the Apple open-source one. Objective-C is very easy to reverse engineer because it contains some of the functions and variables names. with this blog post I setup gdb over the 8 Ball Pool App and started playing with code.. very soon is game over for the Miniclip app. I Started by changing the colors until I find something I like:

Found the guideline:




Started splitting the guideline to parts, again with colors:




Then I found the secondary guidelines (look very close for the color):





Then I tried changing the angle:



And....... infinite guidlines.


So far my original goal... but its too easy, so I want more.
At certain point I could bypass tournament No Guidelines rules, which quite hilarious...

My new goal is making Ball-To-Ball guildeline and wall guideline.
As I said before, it uses Objective C, and hooking and reversing Objective-C is much easier on the iPhone because I got tools like MobileSubstate and Logos\Theos which make my work much easier.. so moving to the iPhone.

Again, very soon:

added another guideline for the same origin point, but for another angle:



Playing with another guideline:



Oops.... but if you follow the white ball you can see multiple guide lines (from ball to ball to hole):


Multiple guidelines!!!!


Aiming with the wall!!


In this post I wont publish any specific instruction on how to do this things because it will ruin the game, hope you can understand.
Thanks for reading!!

5 comments: